Jane Beck – Life Master
When there is a duplicate-bridge player in the family, the whole family is affected. It all began in the fall of 2009.
Jane looked for something new to master
Her knowledge of bridge – a disaster
Conquered books and lessons
Lost her apprehension
And achieved the rank of Life Master
He is married to Jane, Who had no clue of the game
She sought out great books, and lessons she took
While partners were many, It sure cost him plenty
It took so much time, her husband did pine
First Sectionals he feared, Then Regionals and Nationals appeared
Oh dear lord, will she ever get bored?
She got her Life Master, Now he’ll be put out to pasture
While Holidays are here let’s give her a cheer, and at least one more beer
On gold points and silver points and red ones too, If some are black she’ll be happy too. Happy Holidays !!
I had a lot of help along the way ! Thank you:
• My terrific partners : Patti Isaacs (the angel always sitting on my shoulder), Nancy, Terri, Jill, Joan, Leslie & Karen. Thanks for your patience and putting up with me through this bumpy ride !
• Caroline for taking me to my first Regional: where I earned by first red points, and playing teams when I earned my needed gold points
• The Bridge Studio, Wilmington DE, for providing a fabulous venue for lessons & games
• Julie Hockersmith for continuing the Tuesday-evening Casual Bridge — answering question, after question, after question
• Barbara Rhoades, who INSISTED that this little team, who won big at Bala two years ago, compete in GNTs – not taking no for an answer, and those who made it possible for me to compete
• Cheryl Shields and Tom Kramer for the friendly game in Middletown DE that is a safe haven for beginners
• Len Thomas – my greatest cheerleader – for his dedication by helping every Friday morning in the NLM game at the Studio, teaching and mentoring beginners (always with a smile) for the love of the game
Were you bridging Grammy? Yes, I was. Did you have fun bridging Grammy? Always, Abigail
Life is Good