2022 – District 4
NORTH AMERICAN PAIRS (NAP)
. . .
District 4 NAP Coordinator
Bharat Rao, D4.NAPGNT@gmail.com
>>>>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<<<<<
For District 4 NAP Finals details: dates, locations, and how to pre-register
The 2022 NAPs, a major national pairs event sponsored by the ACBL, is a grass-roots event that is played in three stages – qualification in club games, District 4 finals in October, and culminates at the Spring 2023 NABC, where winning pairs representing all 25 ACBL Districts compete. Players who win in the District finals, earn the right to represent District 4 at the Spring NABC (March 9-19, 2023) in New Orleans, LA.
The event consists of three flights and all players must be members of District 4:
- Flight A: Any masterpoint level
- Flight B: Less than 2,500 masterpoints (as of May 6, 2022)
- Flight C: Non-life master with less than 500 masterpoints (as of May 6, 2022)
NAP CONTEST STAGES
The NAP Contest consists of 3 stages of play:
- Club Qualification phase – Earned by playing in NAP Qualifier games held in June, July, and August at local and online clubs
- District 4 NAP Finals – Players that earned club qualification during the summer are invited to play in the District 4 Finals phase, which is held in the fall
- National Finals – Played annually at the Spring NABC, which will be in New Orleans, LA – March 9-19, 2023
- CLUB QUALIFICATION
A player must qualify at a local club to be eligible to play in the District finals. Club qualification games are played at local clubs during June, July, and August in 2022. Each club decides when to run its NAP qualifying games, so check with your clubs for the schedule. You can qualify in more than one Flight and play in any Flight for which you’ve qualify, as long as there are no playing time conflicts at the District level. Qualifying at the club level is on an individual basis – that is, if you qualify with one partner at a local club, you may play with anyone else at the District finals as long as both players are from District 4 and have qualified at a local club qualifying game. The club level qualification games award both black and red points.
- DISTRICT 4 FINALS
IMPORTANT NOTE: ACBL COVID policy will be in effect. Please be prepared to show proof of vaccination, and to wear a mask if requested at the table.
The District 4 finals determine which pairs will advance from each Flight to the National NAP finals. The District finals award gold points in all three Flights.
Flight A: The Flight A District finals will be a two-day, four-session event held on October 22-23, 2022, at North Penn Duplicate Bridge Club, 298 Wissahickon Avenue, North Wales, PA 19454
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED: The first two sessions in Flight A will be played on October 22, to qualify 30 to 50% of the field for the final two sessions played on October 23.
Flight B: This single day, two-session event will be held on Saturday, October 8. at the following two locations:
- North Penn Duplicate Bridge Club, 298 Wissahickon Avenue, North Wales, PA 19454
- First Congregational Church of Canandaigua, 58 N Main St, Canandaigua, NY 14424
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED: The Flight B final will be a two-session event on October 8, 2022.
Flight C: The Flight C final will be held at multiple club locations on Sunday, October 23, 2022.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED: The Flight C final will be a two-session event on Sunday, October 23.
3. NATIONAL NAP FINALS
The NAP finals take place in March 2023 at the Spring NABC (Nationals) in New Orleans, LA. District winners compete against each other for the National title. All 25 Districts are represented and, over the years, winners have come from each of those Districts.
NORTH AMERICAN PAIRS SUBSIDIES
NOTE: FOR ALL FLIGHTS – NO SUBSIDY WILL BE PROVIDED IF THE NATIONAL FINAL IS ONLINE. SUBSIDIES WILL ONLY BE AWARDED IF THE WINNERS ATTEND THE NATIONAL FINAL IN NEW ORLEANS, LA
In the event that any of the advancing pairs cannot attend the National event, they are replaced with 4th and lower placed finishers down the line. Following are the monetary subsidies provided to subsidize the trip:
- 1st Place: $700 per player (Flights A-B-C)
- 2nd Place: $300 per player (Flights A-B-C)
- 3rd Place: $200 per player (Flights A-B-C)
- 4th Place: $100 per player (Flights B-C only)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & RESOURCES
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask your local club director or contact the NAP Coordinator for District 4, Bharat Rao, D4.NAPGNT@gmail.com
CONDITIONS OF CONTEST