Intermediate / Novice Pairs Game Schedule
- Thursday, May 5: 2:30 pm
- Friday, May 6: 10:00 am & 2:30 pm
The Intermediate/Novice (I/N) Program at Rehoboth Beach is designed to support players having less than 100 Masterpoints, with special focus on players attending their first Regional tournament. Our program includes the following:
- A dedicated Director, Dini Romito, focused on easing new players into the tournament environment
- First session FREE for players with 0-20 Masterpoints
- Sign-up support for a FREE 120-day Guest Membership to the ACBL
Intermediate / Novice Lecture Series
1:45pm – 2:15pm (Tuesday-Friday)
Tuesday, May 3
- Instructor: Ala Hamilton-Day
- Topic: When NOT to cover an Honor
Ala is a Diamond Life Master, retired bridge teacher, and has given bridge lectures at past Regionals and NABC’s. She was the Editor of Unit 190’s quarterly newsletter for 7 years, and also provided monthly articles to our District 4 newsletter. Ala has held both Unit and District positions, ususally focused on I/N players, as a teacher, cheerleader, photographer, and professional clapper. She currently serves on the Board of Unit 190.
Wednesday, May 4
- Instructor: Debbie Schenkel
- Topic: Stayman – when to use it and when not to use it
Debbie is a relative newcomer to bridge. From her first bridge lesson in 2015, she became hooked on the game. She has reached the rank of Bronze Life Master, and teaches and directs bridge at The Bridge Studio of Delaware. In her spare time, she is an elementary teacher and free-lance recipe developer.
Thursday, May 5
- Instructor: Paula Varrassi
- Topic: Jacoby and Texas Transfers
Paula is a Gold Life Master who returned to bridge after a 20 year hiatus (when she moved to Delaware 15 years ago). She has given group lessons to beginner and intermediate players and provided mentoring to players wanting to improve their game. She is a Board member for Unit 190.
Friday, May 6
- Instructor: Debbie Crisfield
- Topic: Bring your Questions and Hand Records from the Thursday & Friday I/N games
Debbie, a Ruby Life Master, has been teaching bridge in Philadelphia and New Jersey for over 20 years, and is now channeling her energy towards getting new players excited about duplicate bridge. She authored the book: Bridge for Everyone – focused specifically toward helping novice players better understand the game.